Search This Blog

Saturday, May 2, 2009

Quotes 5-2-09

A lot of fellows nowadays have a B.A., M.D., or Ph.D. Unfortunately, they don't have a J.O.B.

Fats Domino (1928 - )

A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of.
Jane Austen, Mansfield Park
English novelist (1775 - 1817)

Thomas Jefferson once said, 'We should never judge a president by his age, only by his works.' And ever since he told me that, I stopped worrying.

Ronald Reagan

Nothing is really work unless you would rather be doing something else.

James M. Barrie

Humor is just another defense against the universe.

Mel Brooks (1926 - )

The secret of a good sermon is to have a good beginning and a good ending, then having the two as close together as possible.

George Burns (1896 - 1996)

It was on my fifth birthday that Papa put his hand on my shoulder and said, 'Remember, my son, if you ever need a helping hand, you'll find one at the end of your arm.'

Sam Levenson (1911 - 1980)


Progress isn't made by early risers. It's made by lazy men trying to find easier ways to do something.

Robert Heinlein (1907 - 1988), Time Enough For Love

No comments: